Backup Reports uses Azure Monitor Logs and Azure Workbooks, and serves as a the destination for tracking usage, auditing of backups and restores.
The previous PowerBI reporting is going to be deprecated and it is recommended to start sending vault diagnostic data to Log Analytics to view reports.
The main features of Azure Backup Explorer are:
- View reports across workload types, subscriptions and regions
- View reports across your tenants using Azure Lighthouse
- Track and forecast usage both at a vault and backup item level
- Analyze trends on jobs, backup items, policies, and more
- Audit backups and restores for all your backup items
Microsoft continues to add more and more features to every area of Azure and Backup Reporting is such a welcome addition!
To get started you can review the the documents at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/azure/backup/configure-reports.